Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

8 weeks & first doctor's appointment!

Yesterday, August 22, 2012 was my first doctor's appointment. Although it wasn't a very exciting visit, I figured I would document it anyway. My appointment was at 8:45am. Tyler went with me. The nurse asked for a urine sample, took my blood pressure, and did my height and weight. As of now, I weigh 120lbs. After that, she asked a lot of questions about our medical history. She gave me some educational packets and prescribed me some prenatal vitamins, even though I had already been taking some that I purchased a while ago. After that came my biggest fear - getting my blood drawn. I've always been so squeamish about needles and blood and all that yuckiness. I told her it would be best if I laid down while getting it taken because I do have the tendency to get a little light headed and I may or may not pass out on her, lol. However, it was a struggle. The nurse tried multiple times to get some blood but my veins were not cooperative. Apparently I had not drank enough water and my veins were not visible. So now I have to go back and relive all of that on Monday afternoon. NOT EXCITED. Before I left, the lady at the counter scheduled my next appointment for September 19, 2012. I'll have my first ultrasound that day! SO SO SO EXCITED! I hope I can contain myself from now until then, lol. 

On a final note, I am 2 months pregnant today AND it's my 23rd birthday. YAY! :)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily